Wednesday 16 January 2013

Today We Fly....

Today's the day! Prepare your engines (please pilots). After the back forth of getting this trip of the ground (haha flying...) sometimes it felt like this day would never come! I just want to skip past the last few things to do and leap over all the check ins and airport security and maybe even zoom through the flight itself so i can be in Nairobi and can get started.

When I first started high school I decided I wanted to be able to see the world, not only see it but experience it. Africa has always been one of my biggest ambitions and I am so grateful that I am able to  experience it. It literally is a dream come true. Teaching in such a different place will surely be different but I'm excited to see what it's like working with children who have had such different lives than most the students here. Having wanted this for so long now that it's happening I do not feel ready. Teaching at a new school always makes me nervous enough never mind one in a different country! I am thinking of others though who have been able to move across the world for much more than 4 months and so I am sure  I can be Brave when I need to be.

Bye Canada!


If we wait until we’re ready, we’ll be waiting for the rest of our lives.
Lemony Snicket (via andcombust)

No comments:

Post a Comment