Thursday 17 January 2013

Palm trees

This morning I woke up to bunches of palm trees , bright flowers and singing birds outside the windows of this big beautiful house we stayed in last night at the Rossalind centre in Nairobi. Seriously, I'm in heaven.

Today we go to the Canadian High Commission then hopefully to the market before one more flight today to Eldoret. Then we can finally get settled in where-ever we may be! I'm excited to see that city too.

The flights were good, my head felt like it was going to explode on the landing of the first flight because of my stupid cold but I made it through, spent a few hours at the London airport and got excited about British crisps and chocolate!:P

I was sat between a really nice older couple on the plane, they are missionaries who oversee a bunch of schools in Africa and they were moving back to Nairboi from the States for another four years. What an interesting life style. Jim (the man) told me lots of interesting stories, and warned me it was cooler in Edloret and when I countered that I was from Canada he told me about growing up in Alaska!

He had some interesting views on life in Nairobi and a lot of Africa. He said it can be a lot of work in schools, and that although he easily is treated with respect, that's quite different than gaining respect and trust from people. He said Africa is a tough place that has a lot of problems, but a lot of promise too (don't we all).

Gotta jump into this (seemingly hot and cold) shower and then escape out into these beautiful gardens!

Habari gani Canada? (How are you)

Look I'm learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment